In the frame of the multi-county project " Strengthening access to protection, participation and services for women refugees, Internally Displaced People (IDPs) and women in the host communities in Lebanon”, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the EU “MADAD” Fund, EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) in partnership with its partners in Lebanon, Care International in Lebanon (CIL), Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) and Lebanese Democratic Women’s Gathering (RDFL) re-inviting the local organizations to submit their proposals on Gender Equality and Social and Legal Change in their communities.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to bridge the gap between international women’s rights standards stated in CEDAW and UNSCR resolutions and local needs and to contribute to ending of sexual violence and changing discriminative for women legislation as a step towards gender equality. The CBOs will be empowered with knowledge and skills on international instruments that promote universal gender equality values and on bringing these to the local needs, which is a precondition for strengthening women´s self-confidence and therefore capacity to be active agents for change.
The expected results of the projects:
- Improved coordination and community dialogue among individuals, CBOs and SDCs
- Empowerment of women and girls in the local communities
- Awareness-raising of Syrian women refugees on their rights
- Tension among the host community and Syrian refugees reduced
- Underlying causes of gender-based violence addressed
- Community-level dialogue and reconciliation promoted
- Community-level coping mechanisms that contribute to peace-building supported
Size of funding: 5,000-10,000 Euros
For more details and to download forms please the click here
Applicants must send the electronic format of the concept note, detailed budget and indicative action plan in separate files not later than 11 August 2019 to the e-mail address: email@example.com.