EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution.
For the past 7 years, EFI and its beneficiaries have gathered around a common discourse and core principles, which have structured the lobbying activities at regional and international level. These include the necessity to work on a political solution of the conflict leading to a transitional phase with international guarantees, and the need to pressure for adequate representation of women and women’s rights in all political negotiations and peace-building efforts. As a result, strong tools such as the Handbook “ABC for a Gender Sensitive Constitution”, or the “Recommendations for Nonviolent Transition towards Democracy through Engendering Constitution Building Process”, were developed and disseminated among the Syrian Civil Society. In parallel, direct support was provided to local CSOs to support women survivors, combat VAW and early marriage, or promote women’s political participation.
EFI will make a documentary on the gender sensitive constitutional process that will shed light on the work undertaken by EFI and its partners for the past 12 years. The film will be used as an advocacy tool and will question EFI partners on their definition and vision of “What is a gender sensitive constitutional process?”. Through their stories, the impact of the program will be brought to light, as well as the values that have underpinned the long cooperation with EFI.
- Raise awareness on the gender sensitive constitutional process and the engagement of Syrian women leaders in view of the upcoming election in Syria;
- Raise awareness on women’s political participation as a condition for sustainable peace and true democracy;
- Shed light on the close cooperation among the program’s partners, particularly the Syrian partners, and the shared values
The documentary will be used as an advocacy tool to advocate for gender sensitive legislation and constitution. The 10-minute video will be composed of:
- 1st item: Short interview of partners (2 in Europe and 2 in Lebanon) about “What is a gender sensitive constitutional process?”
- 2nd item: Quick overview of the different tools developed and activities implemented by EFI
- 3rd item: Pep talk about the importance of having a gender sensitive constitutional process
The video will be produced one in English with subtitles in Arabic.
The documentary maker/firm will need to:
- Meet with EFI’s team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the animation
- Develop a technical and cost proposal for the production of the documentary (including ITW shooting, illustration plans, editing, calibration, translation, subtitles)
- Conduct the interviews in Europe and in Lebanon
- Deliver original documentary
- Consultant will conduct the interviews in English/Arabic.
- Interview shooting as approved and according to the prepared script.
- Consultant will be required to edit the film as per requirements determined by EFI including (sound, editing, calibration, subtitling, etc.)
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
The documentary maker requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity; therefore, successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated competency with shooting and producing documentary in NGOs.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights and gender equality is an asset.
- Being able to travel to shoot in Europe and in Lebanon / Being a team composed of 2 persons with one based in the EU and one in Lebanon.
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates/firm interested in this project should provide the following information:
- A sample of past video productions they have directly produced.
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the documentary showing all necessary costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is the 10th of July 2020. For any inquiries kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 8th of July 2020. Kindly submit the required documents in English to: email@example.com indicating the reference: “Documentary" in the email subject.
Starting date of Assignment: 15rd of July 2020
End date of Assignment: 31rd of August 2020