EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil.
In January 2019, EuroMed Feminist Initiative with a consortium of 9 women’s rights organizations launched a three-year regional project titled “Combating Violence against Women in the Southern Mediterranean Region”, funded by the EU. The overall objective is to contribute to the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the Southern Neighborhood States.
In the frame of the project, EFI has built a consortium with credible and experienced national women’s rights organizations in Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
For the purpose of the project, EFI is looking for an intern based in Regional Office Amman, Jordan to support and assist the Project Coordinator in its duties.
The Project assistant responsibilities are:
• Research, monitor and compile information from different sources ;
• Prepare briefing notes, talking points, and reports as required ;
• Participate and support in the implementation of regional activities ;
• Assist Program coordinator and communication coordinator in the organisation of events (including high level conferences, forums…) ;
• Contribute to the development of publications, advocacy and communication materials ;
• Provide editing and revision support on reports, briefs, guidance notes, studies, and other timely documents as needed ;
• Assist in translating documents in French and in English ;
• Provide support on additional tasks and projects related to programme as necessary and assigned by Program Coordinator ;
This position reports directly to Project Coordinator who is based in Amman, Jordan.
• Bachelor’s Degree or being enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree) in a relevant field (such as international development, gender studies, law…)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French is essential ; working knowledge of Arabic is desirable
• Excellent Microsoft Office application (PowerPoint, excel, word) ; and knowledge in design application is an asset
▪ Excellent writing skills and translation experience English <-> French is an asset
▪ Strong organizational and research skills
▪ Experience in writing, editing reports, draft presentations
▪ Basic statistics knowledge
▪ Awareness of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups
• Interest in EFI’s core cause, feminism, women’s rights and gender equality
▪ Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
▪ Ability to work in team
▪ Analytical and problem-solving approach
▪ Ability to communicate in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively
▪ Duty station is in Amman, Jordan
▪ A 6 months paid internship
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com by 20th of February 2020. Please also indicate ‘Internship – Project Assistant – Jordan’ as your email subject.