EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship. EFI advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts.
EFI Headquarters is in Paris, France, with offices in Amman, Beirut, and Erbil.
EuroMed Feminist Initiative aims to contribute to gender-sensitive and inclusive peace-building process in Syria, through promoting women´s participation, empowerment and women´s rights.
The objective is to address Violence against Women (VAW) and Conflict-Related Sexual Violence (CRSV) and promote women’s participation in decision-making, peace-building, and national reconciliation.
For this purpose, EFI is looking for a qualified Project Manager based in Beirut.
Overall Responsibility is:
- Follow up and coordinate project activities
- Report with project partners and maintain relations
- Project administration and archiving, supporting the reporting and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
We seek a person who:
- Engages with partners and other counterparts to ensure successful implementation of the project
- Ensures the timely implementation of all activities and the meeting of deadlines.
- Follows up and monitors project implementation in respect of EFI main M&E frameworks, procurement, ethical guidelines and anti-corruption policy
- Prepares and submits timely and quality reports as per the requirements of EU
- Leads the project assessments, designs monthly planning and review meetings
- Develops and ensures smooth and fruitful communication with all partners and stakeholders
- Takes part in regular staff meetings and ensures the weekly task report to be in line with performance management; contributes to data and records collection for the audit process
- This position reports directly to Head of Programs and Executive Director.
- Close collaboration with Regional country managers, Program Team at Headquarters in Paris.
- Regular contact with EFI’s partners in the MENA region.
- University degree in human social sciences
- Relevant courses related to gender studies, conflict management, advocacy, project cycle management
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application, knowledge of online and social media tools is a plus
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in project design and implementation
- Knowledge of women’s rights, regional and international human rights mechanisms and transitional justice process
- Knowledge of gendered peace building
- Established record or proven ability to conduct strategic planning, program development and monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures and financial reporting
- Experience in advocacy campaigns and knowledge of civil society and networking
- Experience in organizing capacity-building workshops, conferences, meetings, and events
- Ability to work closely and establish positive relationships with local structure and to engage with various stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously with minimum supervision and think creatively
- Energetic and positive attitude with strong interpersonal and intrapersonal skills
- Flexibility and team approach to programmatic work
- An analytical and problem-solving approach
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- This role is open for qualified candidates
- The duty station is in Beirut
- A fixed-term position with a contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th of September 2019.
Please also indicate ‘Project Manager’ as your email subject.