EuroMed Feminist Initiative IFE-EFI is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil.
Starting from 1st January 2019, EuroMed Feminist Initiative is implementing a three-year multi-country project “Combating Violence against Women in the Southern Mediterranean Region”, funded by the EU. The overall objective is to contribute to the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the Southern Neighborhood States.
For the purpose of the project, EFI has built in Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Palestine, Algeria, Jordan and Egypt consortia with credible and experienced national organizations: in Lebanon with Najdeh and Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering- RDFL, in Tunisia with Association des Femmes Tunisiennes pour la Recherche sur le Développement, in Morocco with Union pour l’Action Féministe, in Palestine with Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development, in Algeria with Fondation pour l’Egalité – CIDDEF, in Jordan with Arab Women Organization of Jordan and in Egypt with Techniques for Development (ACT).
Objectives of the Project
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the Southern Neighborhood. This entails promoting a social environment where civil society is widely engaged in combating VAWG, in shaping public opinion and building the needed political will to address it as a political priority and therefore contributing to improving the status of gender equality in the Southern Mediterranean.
This will be achieved through a multipronged, comprehensive approach and through three main activity clusters that are interrelated and mutually reinforcing. The campaign will help getting VAWG out of the private sphere and changing public attitudes. Enhancing the capacities of CSOs will strengthen the dialogue with decision makers and contribute to the balance of power needed to achieve legal and policy change. An independent Civil Society Observatory to follow up on governmental commitments in the field of VAWG, WPS and PVE will ensure improved collective knowledge to support the adoption and implementation of policies.
The specific objectives of the project:
1. VAWG is addressed by civil society (CS) and decision makers alike as a social and political issue;
2. Capacities and number of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that combat VAWG is increased;
3. A Civil Society coordinating body/observatory is established to follow up on the implementation of the 4th UfM Ministerial Declaration in the area of VAWG, women, peace and security (WPS) and preventing violent extremism (PVE).
THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
EFI is hiring a Research Administration Officer with the following responsibilities.
- Work with the two researchers under the guidance of the Coordination Committee of the Observatory.
- Assist in propose and implementing appropriate policies and procedures for the effective operation of the observatory work
- Participate in coordination with the Coordination Committee in strategic and budgetary reviews and provide input and recommendations with respect to structure, resource requirements and supporting system requirements.
- Plan activities and tasks, including allocating time and resource required
- Provide a range of administrative support services to the researchers
- Support in the logistic organization of the coordination meetings, dialogues, and conferences
- Create and maintain standard documentation
- Develop effective mechanisms for communicating and dissemination
- Manage and monitor the budget expenditure consistently with the terms and conditions of the donor
- Retain all applicable technical and financial supporting documentation for easy retrieval as required for compliance, audits and monitoring reviews
- Liaise with the consortium members and all stakeholders
- Support in the drafting of reports and publications
- Coordinate the production of publications and ensure their dissemination
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com by August 22nd, 2019.
Please also indicate ‘Research Administrator officer Jordan’ as your email subject.
Click here for more details