Euromed Feminist Initiative IFE-EFI is seeking to employ a part time Senior Accountant (50%) in IFE-EFI's headquarters in Paris.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Supervising the work of 2 accountants (Paris/Amman) and monitoring the accounts of the projects, the senior accountant will report directly to the Executive Director. She /he will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and prepare budgets and project work plans
- Supervise the accounting system, including financial reporting forms and filing system for the project, the profit, loss and balance sheet
- Prepare financial reports, balance sheet and related reconciliations
- Be responsible of the annual accounts of the organization and more globally all related finance and accounting works.
- Work with the auditor to prepare audited project financial statements
- Work in contact with the executive director and managers to conduct the financial policy of the organization
- Continuously improve system and procedures to enhance internal controls and satisfy audit requirements
- Calculate and prepare staff time records
- Provide assistance to the organization in project events
University degree in accounting, finance or any related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in finance and accounting
- Solid experience of budgeting, planning and reporting on donor funded projects
- Knowledge in administrative and accounting procedures
- Knowledge of European funding policies
Excellent command of spoken and written English and French. Arabic is a plus.
- Personal belief in IFE-EFI core values.
- Expertise in CIEL program or similar accounting software
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills, capacity of method and organization
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office), good knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of financial and accounting regulations of the associations in France
- Experience in international donors’ projects.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com not later than 30th of August 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email/phone to arrange for interviews.