EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman and Beirut. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
From 2021, EuroMed Feminist Initiative is implementing a second phase of Madad for Women program “Towards stronger economic participation of women in Jordan” funded by the European Union (EU) Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crises, the “EU Madad Fund”. The overall objective is to contribute to gender sensitive national and local policy frameworks that are more conducive to women's economic participation.
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of May 2021. Please also indicate ‘Communication and Visibility Officer Amman’ as your email subject.
The Overall Responsibility as a Communication and Visibility Officer is :
- Manages the implementation of the communication and visibility (C&V) plan ensuring the visibility of the action, coordinating the planning and implementation of the media campaigns, social media and website coverage of the project.
- Coordinate with members of consortium and liaise with counterparts.
- Communicate efficiently and make visible the results of the program
- Contribute to promoting EFI’s goals and vision
The roles and responsibilities are:
- Ensure proper implementation of EFI C&V strategy as per EU C&V guidelines
- Implement properly EFI online media strategy for website and social media channels that help the organization achieve visibility and communications objectives and in line with the EFI’s media and communication plan and in line with the project C&V plan
- In collaboration with Programme Team, translates the framework through proper communication and visibility events, outreach activities, trainings and props (eg. Banners, leaflets, video)
- Works with Programme Team ahead of events and meetings to devise key messages and integrate social media into the activities
- Draft EFI communications materials as requested by the project and according to EU C&V guidelines
- Build relationships with media organizations; drafts press release and other public relations material to communicate EFIs position
- Write news briefs and articles, press releases, statements of EFI’s events per information provided, and compose quarterly newsletters related to Syrian partners and project objectives
- Participate to creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications including brochures and booklets for the organization's projects and programs
- Support the development and organization of events and meetings aimed at raising EFI’s profile, engaging new audiences in its work and strengthening its support base; ensure there is a coverage of every workshop, advocacy activity, meetings with stakeholders such as community hosts, local authorities and ministries, social workers and consortium members
- Develop and implement documentation and presentation of EFI’s work in collaboration with graphic design, photographer, film-maker, media campaigns
- Elaborates and updates contents for IFE-EFI website and social media
- Monitors public opinion, views and news related to EFi’s projects; takes into account socio cultural context for publication materials; provides regular briefing and feedback to Programme Team
This position reports directly to Communication coordinator who is based in Lebanon.
Close collaboration with Program Manager and Project and Partnership Officer in Amman, Media officer in Lebanon.
Job requirements :
- University degree with preference in communication and social sciences
- Excellent Microsoft Office application especially Publisher, Power Point. Desirable knowledge in graphic design, editing, photo shop.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in social media community management, website management and administration
- Experience in content generation in both English and Arabic
- Experience in English <-> Arabic translation and copyediting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic
- Experience in using analytics tools from Facebook, Twitter and Google for data interpretation and report production
- Facebook Paid Advertising experience
- Understand key legal aspects of social media management and content creation (e.g. donor regulations, copyright, privacy and consents, etc.)
- Interest in EFI’s core cause, feminism, women’s rights and gender equality
- Event and portrait photography skills a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in creating graphics and infographics
- Ability to provide design support and layouts for publications. Create design templates for publications, documents and presentations
- Experience using Hootsuite Enterprise
- This role is open for qualified Jordan candidates
- Duty station is in Amman
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 9 (nine) months extendable
- Salary is paid in the Euro currency