EuroMed Feminist Initiative (EFI) is a policy network that encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and advocates for gender equality and women’s rights as inseparable from democracy building and citizenship, for political solutions to all conflicts, and for the right of peoples to self-determination. EFI seeks to improve and promote women’s rights as universal human rights, the value of gender equality and the use of non-violent means to solve conflicts. Our criterion and position align with the international resolutions and conventions and regional instruments promoting the universality of women’s rights and strengthening women's impact and voices in conflict resolution. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
EFI will make a short video success stories within the program that will shed light on the work undertaken by EFI and its partners for the past 12 years. The film will be used to promote the “Feminist School” that is being implemented by EFI in Lebanon and in Turkey between the end of September and End of October. Through their stories, the impact of the program will be brought to light, as well as the values that have underpinned the long cooperation with EFI.
- Raise awareness on the impact of the “ Feminist School” and EFI’s programs in Lebanon and in Turkey
- Potentially reaching new stakeholders and donors
- Engagement around EFI’s advocacy and commitment towards dissemination of feminist knowledge
- Show success stories and impact through implementation of this program
The short video will be used as an advocacy tool to advocate for gender sensitive education. The 5 to 7-minute video will be composed of:
- 1st item: Short interview with EFI members behind this program
- 2nd item: Short testimonials with EFI’s partners about how this program enhanced their skills and had a real impact
- 3rd item: Short testimonials with the participants of the summer school
- 4th item: Pep talk about the importance of having a gender sensitive educational reform
The short video will be produced in Arabic with subtitles in English.
The video maker/firm will need to:
- Meet with EFI’s team to understand the narrative and get accurate data to be used for the short video
- Conduct the interviews in Turkey and in Lebanon
- Deliver original video
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Consultant will conduct the interviews mainly in Arabic and potentially in English.
- Interview shooting as approved and according to the prepared script and EFI’s guidelines.
- Consultant will be required to edit the film as per requirements determined by EFI including (sound, editing, calibration, subtitling, etc.)
Qualifications, Background and Experience:
The video maker requires a high level technical/professional expertise and creativity; therefore, successful firm/candidate is required to have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated competency with shooting and producing documentary/short videos in NGOs.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights and gender equality is an asset.
- Being able to travel to shoot in Turkey and in Lebanon in between 20th of September and 30th of October.
- Being able to handle cultural sensitivities in a different context.
Requirements for Submission:
The candidates/firm interested in this project should provide the following information:
- A sample of past video productions they have directly produced.
- Technical proposal: Outline and methodology as well as, the detailed work plan showing the assignment’s important activities and milestones.
- Financial proposal: Including a detailed quotation for the production of the video showing all necessary costs.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Updated creative portfolio including relevant creative development work and qualifications.
Deadline for submission:
The deadline for submission is the 15th of September 2022. For any inquiries kindly send an email to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly submit the required documents in English to email@example.com indicating the reference: “Short Video on Success Stories" in the email subject.
Starting date of Assignment: 20th of September 2022
End date of Assignment: 30th of November 2022